She cried. That's right, she cried. To this day, I still don't know why she cried. Was I too ugly at the time? No, that can't be. I've always been good looking. Did I eat something smelly? Did I have something on my face? These are questions that I gave up seeking the answers to, a long time ago.
My instant reaction at the time was to apologise. Of course, I was real shocked, but being the gentleman that I am.. I didn't wanna make things worse so I apologised and walked away. Yep, that's how my first ever confession went. I made the girl cry. From then on, I decided not to pursue girls. I'd let them chase me. That way, I'd know if they're worth it or not. Okay, there have been incidents where I confessed to a girl (actually, I confessed to 2 at almost the same time and things didn't turn out so good, but that's another story). Apart from that, I have never confessed to another girl first. I also gave up on going for older girls, although it'd totally be a treat if I got to date one! (Actually, I did date one later on that year, but that's also another story).
What happened to Blanket you ask? I still see her around town sometimes, but we have never ever spoken since. Seriously, it's been 5 years and we haven't spoken to each other. That us why I don't confess anymore. It'd suck for history to repeat itself again. Sad times. But now that I think back on it, I was pretty awesome. Do you know how scary it is for a guy to confess to a girl he likes? If you're a girl, and a guy has confessed to you, take it seriously. Guys would not confess unless they had strong feelings since confessing is one of the hardest things they have to do.
Trust me, I've tried.
Oh yeah, if Blanket ever reads this... I'm screwed. So DON'T try to find out who she is.
✰
No comments:
Post a Comment