Monday, 3 January 2011

True Friends?

This is a continuation of a blog post called 'True Friends.' from my other blog stripeytofu. 


We had a tight cross-sex friendship. The definition of this relationship is: A person having a friend of the opposite sex with having little or no sexual or romantic activity: a male who has a female friend, or a female who has a male friend.
She was as close to him as she was to me. It wasn't fair, I knew her first. She'd spent more time with me, so how did he fit into the equation? It didn't make sense. It had become some sort of friends triangle. This lasted for a long time and I felt slightly betrayed. Of course, this girl had the right to be friends with whoever she wanted, but I'd thought we had a special bond noone else had. I was wrong. Now, she's closer to the other guy than she was to me. It just wasn't fair. I used to call her all the time, now we hardly talk. I don't even know if she's realised we've become so far apart.


I don't understand. Was I expecting too much? Am I jealous that she's close to another guy? Did I love her in the other way? I don't know. All I know is, I regret not being a better friend. Maybe if I were, we'd still be close friends. True friends. Even now, she's my closest girl friend and I have complete respect and trust for her even if she doesn't know that. I wish time could turn back so that I could enjoy the days when it was just us two. Those were some of the best days of my life. She was better than a girlfriend.


No comments:

Post a Comment