Saturday, 17 March 2012

I like a girl who has a boyfriend

I really don't have bad intentions! I mean, I didn't ask for this to happen. But it's probably just another crush. I never liked her that way before, but it started like this:

Wemma, we'll call her, broke up with her boyfriend the day before. It was the day after that I finally spoke to her normally, since I never had the chance to before. Basically, I stayed in the canteen at school for the last lesson because I didn't wanna go home yet and I had no lesson. Victory, Jam and a couple of other people were there too. I saw Wemma come over and I thought 'Well, none of these guys talk to her and even though I don't, we do do art together', so I mustered up the courage to go talk to her.

Everyone then suddenly split into three groups. Me and Wemma, Jam and a brown girl, and Victory and a brown guy. I thought 'Crap, now it's gonna be awkward...' I already found it awkward to talk to her before. I don't know why, maybe it's because she had a boyfriend, or maybe she was so friendly that our personalities collided. I actually have no idea. I don't even know what I'm talking about to be honest.

Anyway, it was an awkward convo. She took out a wrap to eat and the convo went a little like this:

A: Ooh, that looks tasty!
E: Yeah, I haven't eaten since lunchtime yesterday.
A: Whoa really! How comes?
E: Just didn't feel hungry.
A: What's the card thing for anyway?
E: Dunno, probably to protect the wrap.
A: Oh yeah...

...

E: Ew what's this thing, it tastes horrible.
A: It looks like lettuce?
E: Nah, it's not. I think it's cabbage.
A: Ew cabbage. I've never tried it before.
E: Really?
A: Yeah, I don't like vegetables
E: Tut tut.
A: I like celery though! Especially when it's crunchy.
E: Mmhmm.
A: Oh, and carrots.
E: I like carrots when they're cooked a bit, so that they're soft and a bit crunchy.
A: How can they be soft and crunchy?
(Can't remember what she said)

...

E: You know there's two types of lettuce.
A: Really?
E: (tells me something about lettuce)
A: Are you like some kinda lettuce expert?

...

And basically it was a pointless conversation about vegetables. It was better than awkward silence I guess. For some reason, I was tempted to ask her about her at-the-time-ex-boyfriend but I resist the urge to. I just wanted to cheer her up. When I told people I wanted to be her rebound, I wasn't kidding, but I knew it wasn't going to happen. I knew that she and her at-the-time-ex were inevitably get back together, I just didn't know it was gonna be so soon.

Before I left school that day, I quickly gave her a hug and it felt nice. I think it was at that point, something inside of me sparked.

Unfortunately for me, the next day, she and her ex got back together. Seriously, only after two days?! Didn't really give me much of a chance. I still like her. I hardly get the chance to talk to her. Her boyfriend is always with her, or her girlfriends are. Maybe I shouldn't be anyway, because I mean, dude, she's got a boyfriend.

Aw man, sucks so bad for me. I like all the wrong girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment