Monday, 18 July 2011

Milk


Okay, so here's a childhood memory you guys will either find funny, or really sad. But let me assure you, I felt neither of those things at the time

In 2005 sometime, I met my cousin's second baby, Milk Chuong. She was 3 weeks old at the time. She was really cute then, not like now. She gives everyone the silent treatment and is always moody. But that's not the point. The point is, I finally met her 3 weeks after she was born. The whole of my family on my dad's side were celebrating in a restaurant as all Chinese families would do. I was left alone to look after Milk for a while, at the seats where people usually wait until a table is ready for them. What a mistake that was.

I had no experience with babies, not this young anyway. I had no idea how to hold them, or talk to them or whatever. So I just made her sit on the chair. Now my memory's a little fuzzy here, but what happens next I will remember forever. I pushed her head in. Yep, it went right in. There was a dent. A dent in her head. I definitely didn't do it on purpose. What sick-minded person would purposely dent a baby's head? I didn't even know babies heads were that soft, kinda like play dough. I was completely dumbfounded. There was a dent in my cousin's daughter, and it was my fault. I panicked. What should I do? Well, I did the first thing that came to my mind. I moulded her head back to normal. I can't remember the exact details, but I managed to shape her head back to its original form. I've told a few people this tragic tale before, none of my family knows this secret except for my brother. If my cousin were ever to find out... I'm screwed.

As for Milk, she's fine, I think. If her moodiness is due to my mistake from the past... it'll be a guilt I'll never be able to live with. Thankfully, I'll never find out the truth. Noone will. She's not always moody anyway. Sometimes she laughs and acts like any other toddler. Thank goodness.

PS: Sorry about not posting the last 2 weeks, been real busy! But let me assure you, there'll be loads coming since it's nearly Xmas!

EDIT: changed the name of the post because.. I realised I used her real name when I gave everyone else nicknames.



No comments:

Post a Comment